Tranquil retreat or Artist's studio

With the dappled northerly light coming through the high windows, splashing
onto the floorboards this quaint former weatherboard church would make a
fabulous artist studio or perhaps an occasional tranquil retreat for those seeking
respite from all the hurly-burly of the city and suburbia. Set to the lower side of
the 1012m2 block is the original Wesleyan Methodist Church, which was built in
the early 1880s, with the last service being held in 1973. While this heritage-listed building has served its community well through the generations it is now
in need of some restoration to bring it back to its former glory.
The sunny hamlet of Collinsvale is just 12kms from all the services and shops of
Glenorchy and approximately 40minutes to the CBD. Collinsvale was originally
known as Sorell Creek which was changed by the early German settlers to
Bismarck in honor of the creator of modern Germany, Chancellor Otto Von
Bismarck: with the advent of WW1 the name was again changed, this time to
honor Colonel David Collins, first Lieutenant of Van Diemen's Land.
Please phone Debbie on 0417 112 860 for more information and to arrange an
inspection.

Inspection Times

Saturday 18th September
11:00 AM - 11:30 AM

overview

  • 1P0182
  • Offers Over $195,000
  • Land
  • For Sale
  • 18 Church Road Collinsvale TAS
  • 1
  • 52 sqm
  • 1012 sqm
  • 1
  • $1,082 Per Year